Our Parent Company – PETRONAS
Established in 1974, PETRONAS is Malaysia’s very own integrated petroleum multinational corporation with a strong ranking on the Fortune Global 500® and a presence in more than 30 countries around the world.
PETRONAS, the acronym for Petroliam Nasional Berhad, is wholly-owned by the Malaysian Government and is vested with the entire ownership and control of the petroleum resources in Malaysia through the Petroleum Development Act, 1974.
The Corporation’s business activities include:
- upstream oil and gas exploration and production
- downstream oil refining
- marketing and distribution of petroleum products;
- gas processing and liquefaction
- gas transmission pipeline operations
- marketing of liquefied natural gas (LNG)
- petrochemical manufacturing and marketing
- property investment
Corporate Social Responsibility
As a responsible corporate citizen, PETRONAS is committed to managing its petroleum resources and operations responsibly by balancing commercial, environmental and social objectives. These ensure sustainable development for the benefit of the people and local community in the host countries in which we operate.